- Select a container at least 10 inches deep.
- Fill the pot with a fast-draining potting soil.
- Before seeding, moisten the soil. mix the seeds in a bowl with sand (3 parts sand to 1 part seed). Sow the seeds, then cover lightly with soil.
- Gently mist the soil so as not to displace the seeds.
- Place containers in full sun or, if you live in a hot climate, light shade. Seeds should germinate in 7 to 10 days.
- Harvest at least weekly to keep leaves coming. Using this method, it's possible to harvest four crops of cilantro from a single pot.